Families of the remaining fifty one Abuja-Kaduna train attack victims, on Friday, vowed to occupy key government facilities in Kaduna and Abuja over the government’s delay to attend to their plight.
In a statement by their spokesperson, Dr Abdulaziz Atta, friends and families of the remaining victims expressed fear of losing their family members, especially with reports of snake bites and gunshot injury the captives were said to have suffered.
Atta, whose aged mother and sister are in captivity, said they were worried about the state of health of the captives.
He wrote: “as it stands, there are no antibiotics, nobody to remove the bullets from his body, just imagine the current situation he will be in the bush”.
While acknowledging the effort put in by the government in responding positively, as 11 of their loved ones have been released, the families appealed to agents of government involved in the negotiation to speed up the process.
“We have kids as you have heard earlier on as young as three years old and from the feedback we had, these kids are unattended to. We have women injured, we have aged women and men, those people should be brought out.”
Few days ago, one of the victims was shot, sending a signal to the government that killing them was not difficult, the bandits had threatened to kill the victims if the government did not respond to their demands.
Meanwhile, a Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Kubau Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Dr. Musa Ali pepper, had said the Federal government must be held responsible if anything happens to the remaining Kidnapped victims.
Dr. Ali Pepper said it appears the federal government has no interest in the suffering of Nigerians and wondered how human beings can remain in the forest for 90 days, yet they keep mum.
Bandits had in March 2022, kidnapped 63 Kaduna-Abuja train passengers after killing eight, leaving 16 injured.
On different occasions however, the criminals later released some of the abductees.